Practice Management Consulting
What approach do we take to finding solutions?
Every practice has its own distinctive culture and challenges. A process that works in a multi location group, may not work in a single vet, sole proprietorship. We’re great listeners, and we’ll find a solution that’s as unique as you are. We’ll help you overcome each obstacle you face, with solutions customized to your veterinary environment.
What sets us apart?
- Practice Ownership Experience – 15 years of successful practice ownership and thinking like an owner, allows me to understand how you feel about your practice. I've felt the pressure of practice ownership and the legitimate and compelling pull from family and outside interests. I understand.
- CVPM Knowledge and Skills – The gold standard in veterinary management and the veterinary industry’s highest credential for practice management professionals. Tom is one of Canada’s longest standing and active Certified Veterinary Practice Managers and the only one with practice ownership experience.
- Mentoring Results – We have successfully mentored and coached veterinary team members (practice managers and RVT’s) to provincial and internationally recognized nominations and awards.
- Leadership Experience – 2,000 of the top veterinary hospital managers and administrators in North America can’t be wrong. Tom was elected President of the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association in 2011. He also served on the VHMA Board of Directors for 11 years.
Signs that change is needed at your practice
- You’re faced with the same recurring problems and questions month after month
- You wake up one day, look around your practice, and ask yourself “How did we get to this?”
- The practice has a higher than average turnover
- “Special Projects” have found a permanent entrenched place on your To Do List and are growing cobwebs
- You go home at the end of the day thinking about practice issues instead of the 30 pets whose life you enhanced during your work day
- You feel guilty about going home, knowing there is much more that could be done to help your practice realize its potential
Some of the areas we can help
Practice Maven can help you with projects of any size; from the implementation of any association or accreditation program to a comprehensive practice culture rehab. Here are just a few areas where we can help.
- Review and update staff policies
- Job descriptions
- Goal setting
- Refine the practice core values, mission and vision
- Create a 3-5 year strategic operational plan
- Leadership team development and coaching
- Improve practice morale and culture
Marketing and Communications
- Communicating value
- Social media and marketing plans
- Community engagement
- Measuring effectiveness
- Building relationships
- Converting phone shoppers and web clickers
- Phone skills and scripting
- Stress Free Heartworm Season
- Job relationships
- Workflow efficiency
- Conflict resolution
- Compassion fatigue reduction
- Effective team meetings
- Budget development & containment
- Inventory optimization
- KPI analysis
- Negotiations and contractual agreements
- Inventory and equipment optimization
What do you need at your practice?
Let’s start a conversation about your needs, your concerns and the obstacles to your goals. Use the form below to learn about how we can collaborate with your current practice structure or simply give us a shout to take advantage of our Free 1 Hour Consultation.
I'm a great listener and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.[wpforms id="47"]